Insanity is a Prerequisite.
Hello, I'm Mad and you are?




kill time
Wang Lee Hom D6T9
Ashin Mayday Cai Kang You
Tay Kewei Taozhe.blogspot
PostSecret The Online Citizen
China Smack My Life Is Average
Found Magazine Yesterday.sg
Eco Salon Overheard In New York
The Notebook Doodles
A Beautiful Revolution

friends
Aiman Alida Bridget Ching Keong Cylvi Diyana Emma Hui Xuan Jasmine Jessie Jonathan Kohmei MayKoon Miki Rachel Sam Sandra Shi Hui Wanran Wen Xian Yi Wei


"We're all mad here."
Sunday, September 27, 2009 @ 2:53 AM
Plastic Mannequin Love
Plastic Mannequin Love - An original song written by Tay Kewei! She is a Singaporean artist who's pretty active in the English pop-jazz scene in Singapore. LOVEEEEE HER! If you like what you're hearing, you can actually visit her blog to download the song. Don't think she's signed on with any major record label yet. She's also one of the PK contestants in the recent episodes of One Million Star.
From Kewei's blog:
"I have been sufficiently traumatised by the realisation of how ALL the plastic we've ever used in our lifetime, are still on planet earth - either in landfills or floating around in the ocean.

While blogging I came across this picture of plastic trash - a plastic mannequin head, bruised and battered, eyes wide open, waiting.... waiting... waiting...
She's waiting for something.
We all know the wait is forever.
Plastic is forever.

And so I wrote a song for her."
Read her rants about the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.



Plastic Mannequin Love
Music and Lyrics by Tay Kewei

I'm writing a song for the universe
I'm sending it out to space
If there was a boy who could hear my thoughts
Across the street in the window display

I'm writing a song for the universe
To rescue me someday
I never had the chance to tell my love
I loved him since that suit in grey

I'm sailing, sailing
In this great pacific garbage patch
My love for you is forever
Nothing will break me down
I'm sailing, sailing
You are nowhere to be found
I believe one day you'll join me
And we'll sail round and round, round and round

Oh is that you I see
Illusions they keep haunting me
O! tragedy